Sending messages to an e-mail list is a powerful marketing tool. However, there are times when we would like to get a better response from what we send out. If you are serious about doing better, here are five various tips to help improve your campaign results.
1. Put opt-in forms everywhere. The more you have out there, the more chances people will have to fill them out. And remember to tell your visitors to fill in the form – be polite and direct – but don’t make them guess what they’re supposed to do.
2. Give your subscribers a hint of what’s to come in the next message. You don’t want to give it all away, but anything you can do to increase their anticipation of your next e-mail will go a long way toward increasing your open rates.
3. Advance notice of an upcoming message. This is a bit different than the previous tip in that the entire message is sent for the sole purpose of telling your readers about what’s coming – use these messages to let them know about time-sensitive offers coming up, so they don’t lose out Be sure to include the time zone when you send out something with a deadline to prevent confusion for time-sensitive offerings.
4. Create messages people will want to share with their friends. Not all e-mails must be designed to remain exclusive to your list. Encourage them to share from time to time. When doing this, keep potential readers in mind; and be sure to give them a reason to follow through on your call to action.
5. Automate as much of your e-mail marketing as possible. Autoresponders are a must-have tool for simplifying the campaigns you send out. You can pre-load as many messages as you like, and set when they will be delivered. At the very least, you should have a welcome message that is sent immediately after opt-in is confirmed.
E-mail marketing is here to stay, and smart business owners will educate themselves on how to make the most of it. You’ve read this far, so I am going to assume that you are serious about doing better. Take the next step and start using the tips above to improve your campaigns.